If you love chicken as much as I do, this recipe will easily crawl up to the top of your favorite chicken recipes too. This recipe is a one pan meal with tender and juicy chicken, glazed in a sweet and tangy balsamic sauce, paired with crunch and tender vegetables. This is one delicious meal you do not want to miss out on. Adding a balsamic glaze is an awesome way to take plain chicken, fancy it up and incorporate amazing flavors. Also, it tastes extraordinary! Think of it as a complete recipe in one meal, because really… it is. It is perfect for lunch, a light dinner or an in between meal to munch on, and makes a mighty impressive presentation. However, you could add a side of potatoes or another vegetable to round up the meal. Comment below and let me know what you thought of the recipe.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar or honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12g baby carrots
- 8g baby corn
- 4 springs fresh thyme
- 1 tbs black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 Maggi seasoning cubes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- In a clean bowl, add chicken thighs, seasoning cubes, black pepper, thyme, ginger paste and chopped garlic
- Mix thoroughly, cover with cling film and allow to marinate for up to 6 hours (preferably overnight)
- Preheat oil in pan on medium-low heat for 3 minutes, add chicken thighs and cook for 7 minutes on each side
- Add baby carrots and baby corn and grill for 3 minutes.
- Pour your balsamic vinegar into a small pan or pot on the stove
- Add the brown sugar and soy sauce
- Turn your stove up to high and bring to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, turn the heat down to low, simmer on low for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You will notice the mixture become a thicker, syrupy texture
- Glaze chicken with reduction
- Bake in a 200 degree preheated oven for 10 minutes and serve.