Pasta La Vista!
I like to call this my mum’s recipe because I learnt it from her. Funny enough I came across this recipe in a weird way. My mum was craving beef ravioli (Ramadan antiques) and we didn’t have some of the necessary ingredients at home so she decided to “improvise”. I had no idea what she was making at first, I was just being a third wheel in the kitchen as usual. Let’s just say I can still taste the cheese melt in my mouth. I couldn’t resist but try to have my own spin on this recipe. This meal is full of amazing flavours that will leave your palate wanting more. It uses minced meat to stuff the cannelloni and make an awesome meal in only a couple of minutes, sprinkle chopped parsley over the top for the perfect finish. This meal is tasty, versatile and easy to clean up afterwards, this meal with minced meat especially is perfect for weeknights . Comment below and let me know your thoughts.
- 200g ground beef
- Cannelloni pasta
- 1/2 ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- Seasoning cube
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup béchamel mix
- 100g mozzarella cheese
- Boil pasta for 5 minutes, strain and transfer to a bowl of water (room temperature)
- Sauté ground beef, add ginger, minced garlic, black pepper and bullion cube
- Stuff the sautéed minced beef in the pasta and line in a greased baking dish
- Add béchamel mix and grate mozzarella cheese, bake in 250 degrees preheated oven for 10 minutes
- Add parsley and voila ready to dig in.
In the event, you don’t have store bought béchamel mix/sauce, you can make yours using butter, cooking cream, egg and cheese.